In use case 1, a service is provided by the Service Provider to the Machine Service Consumer.
|Delegation info PIP
|Use case variation
|1. M2M service provision
As no delegation takes place, the legal entity fulfilling the Entitled Party-role also fulfils the Service Consumer-role.
Use case interaction
It is prerequisite of this use case that:
- The Service Provider has and manages its own entitlement information indicating what Entitled Parties are entitled to what (parts of) services*;
- The Service Consumer is able to authenticate the Service Provider;
- The Service Provider is able to authenticate the Service Consumer.
- In this use case the Entitled Party is also the Service Consumer.
*The Service Provider can outsource this function to a third party
The use case consists of the following steps:
- The Machine Service Consumer requests a service from the Service Provider;
- The Service Provider authenticates the Machine Service Consumer and validates the iSHARE adherence of the Service Consumer;
- The Service Provider authorizes the Machine Service Consumer of the Service Consumer based on the entitlement information registered with the Service Provider;
- The Service Provider executes the requested service;
- The Service Provider provides the service result to the Machine Service Consumer.